2 dead, 2 critically hurt in Thanksgiving morning apartment fire in Bronx

MORRIS HEIGHTS, Bronx (WABC) — Two people, a 20-year-old woman and a 60-year-old man, have died from injuries suffered in an early Thanksgiving morning kitchen fire in the Bronx. Two other women, ages 62 and 63, remain in critical condition at area hospitals. The fire broke out in a second floor apartment on Harrison Avenue … Read more

Mother, 2 daughters jump to safety to escape Bronx house fire

HUNTS POINT, Bronx (WABC) — Several people were injured, including four firefighters, after a fire broke out a home in the Bronx Wednesday. The fire started around 4:30 p.m. at a three-family home located at 746 Manida Street in the Hunts Point section. “The flames were coming out the windows and it was really, really … Read more

Nearly 100 evacuated after underground Hell’s Kitchen homeless encampment catches fire

HELL’S KITCHEN, Manhattan (WABC) — At least 100 people were evacuated after an underground homeless encampment in Hell’s Kitchen caught on fire Saturday evening. The encampment was three levels below a hotel-turned-homeless shelter, and 25 feet above the tracks of Amtrak’s Empire line. Two people were hospitalized and three firefighters suffered minor injuries. Firefighters had … Read more

Fire breaks out at Governors Island Ferry Terminal in Lower Manhattan

LOWER MANHATTAN, Manhattan (WABC) — A fire broke out Saturday afternoon at the Governors Island Ferry Terminal in Lower Manhattan. Flames and a large plume of smoke broke out on the roof of the building on 10 South Street just before 4 p.m. The FDNY says the fire started in the terminal’s air conditioning unit … Read more

Queens fire that killed 8-year-old caused by lithium-ion battery, FDNY says

COLLEGE POINT, Queens (WABC) — A fire that killed an 8-year-old girl in Queens on Saturday was caused by a lithium ion battery, FDNY says. Flames broke out just after 7:30 a.m. on the top floor of the three-story brick row house on 130th Street in College Point. “It was just a lot of smoke, … Read more

Fire breaks out at 6-story apartment building in the Bronx; no injuries reported

FORDHAM MANOR, Bronx (WABC) — Firefighters battled a massive blaze at an apartment building in the Bronx Tuesday night. The fire started around 9 p.m. on the third floor of a six-story apartment building at 2490 Davidson Avenue in the Fordham Manor section. Officials say the fire quickly escalated to a second alarm. The fire … Read more

6 people hurt after fire breaks out at building in Queens

QUEENS, New York (WABC) — Several people were injured after a heavy fire broke out at a building in Queens on Tuesday night. Firefighters responded to the scene at 42-13 23rd Avenue just before 8 p.m. and discovered flames shooting from the front windows of a three-story building. The fire was determined to be on … Read more

E-bike may have sparked fire that critically injured 2 in Brooklyn

BED-STUY, Brooklyn (WABC) — An e-bike may have sparked a fire in Brooklyn that critically injured two young adults. The fire erupted around noon on Saturday inside a 12th-floor apartment at NYCHA’s Albany Houses in Bed-Stuy. Firefighters pulled two people out of the unit unconscious – an 18-year-old woman and a 25-year-old man. The fire … Read more

4 firefighters injured battling blaze at Manhattan apartment building

SOHO, Manhattan (WABC) — Firefighters are battling a blaze that broke out at an apartment building in Manhattan Thursday afternoon. Newscopter 7 was above the scene and captured smoke billowing from the six-story apartment building located at 105 Wooster Street near Prince Street in SoHo. The two-alarm fire started in an apartment on the sixth … Read more

Two firefighters hospitalized after Bronx church fire

EAST TREMONT, The Bronx (WABC) — Two firefighters were hospitalized after a fire tore through a church in the Bronx. Flames broke out at Iglesia Cristiana just a few blocks north of the Cross Bronx Expressway in East Tremont just before 7:30 p.m. Saturday. No injuries were reported. There is no word yet on how … Read more

x